Canines for Veterans
by Donna Powell
Canines for Veterans helps wounded veterans by providing service dogs to assist them in various ways.
Started by Rick Hairston in Wilmington, NC, much of the training is done at the Consolidated Navy Brig in Charleston.
There are few programs that touch so many people in so many ways as this one. From the vets who receive the service dog, to the dogs rescued from shelters, to the prisoners who train them, to the volunteers who work with both canines and vets, to the program's sponsors and founders…and to you, our respected reader... everyone gets something good from this program.
We are proud to feature this incredible organization and let our readers know what is happening with them on a regular basis.
Please click below to read some of their most recent activities:
- Dog Bless You Selects CVS for Award
- Presentation Ceremony at Navy Brig
- Dog Bless You
- Canine for Vets: Who They Are
- The Founders, the Dream and the Triple Win
- Going to the White House, winning a new Toyota van and other ordinary things...
- Building a Building!