Currently, we need great people for the following:
- We seek dedicated writers to cover a variety of dog-related stories from investigative pieces to assigned specialty pieces.
- To be considered for the position, please submit a recent piece (300 words or less). This is currently a non-paying job. Upon producing a revenue in the coming months, we will hire the writers that submit the best and most articles to charlestondoggytown.com
This position has responsibility for the overall quality of published material, and for the supervision and direction of the activities of editorial staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and coordinates the publication process including communicating with editors, authors and indexers;
- Writing articles for the publication;
- Trafficking and inspecting proofs for accuracy;
- May prepare marketing and promotional materials for forthcoming publications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Background in in Journalism, English or related field and some experience in editing, journalism, or editorial research.
- Knowledge of on-line publishing;
- People, organizational and managerial skills;
- Command of grammar, spelling, history and current affairs;
- Working knowledge of Web-based research tools;
- Knowledge of coordinating & implementing Editorial Calendars.
We are looking to provide an opportunity to an aspiring Publication Editor to learn all aspects of on-line publishing including, overseeing the editorial department. The intern will participate in a vital publication and learn the technical requirements, marketing aspects as well as the critical importance of editorial content.
Specifically our Editorial Intern will be trained to:
- Understand the operation of an on-line publication
- Develop, assign, and edit feature stories under the direction of the Publisher
- Learn about the technical intricacies, limitations and bonuses of on-line magazine publishing
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with other dog-related professionals
- Write feature stories, magazine department items, and news stories at the direction of the Publisher
- Develop an Editorial Calendar that coordinates with marketing and community events
- Work with the Design Director and Photo Editor to acquire and/or identify key image placement
- Represent CDT at local events
The Editor Intern is a key position in the creation and managing of CDT content. We are looking for the following attributes:
- A creative person who loves to write; an inquisitive person who wants to get to the heart of a story
- Some experience in writing for consumer magazines, newspapers, or general-audience websites
- Pursuing a degree in journalism, English, or an adjacent field
- The ability to write, edit and proof-read
- Technical skills: MS Office. Experience with Adobe Web Publishing Products (Photoshop & Dreamweaver) is desired but not necessary